SpyGlass Tools is a technology spin-off from Concept.by.
Started as an incubated project in 2010, SpyGlass Tools is the result of many years of assessments, tuning as optimization activities of our software engineer R&D group.
During our activity we tested many commercial tools from APM solutions to profiler: we're disappointed to verify that all those tools fails to simplify most simple activities and requires a huge investment in money, time and competency. We prefer to be J2EE experts than APM suite experts.
We're sure that a big datacenter APM project requires really advanced tools with complex configuration and integration policies, but small applications as a 2 cluster system require a different approach.
We need something simple to install and run, which simplify usual task we perform allowing in a minute to get all required information to see problems at first look:
- check if application runs
- analyze application transactions (web requests, MDB executions, scheduled activity)
- check standard component and framework elements
- drill down to find low performance areas
- analyze database statement performance
- check system resources usage (CPU, Memory, Thread, and so on)
- check locks and concurrency
- define alarms and actions
- collect data in clear reports and use them to define next step activities
The result of all our work is SpyGlass Tools suite: tools from J2EE professionals to J2EE professionals.