Multi Application Server Support
SpyGlass Tracer can be used in any Java application running with any JVM 1.5 or better.
SpyGlass Tracer is based only on solid java standards:
- instrumentation for bytecode manipulation
- JMX for metrics exposition
For this reason you can use it everywhere you have a Java application, also outside of an application server. But, most of the SpyGlass Tracer features are based on J2EE compliant Application Servers.
SpyGlass Tracer is used to monitor:
- J2EE systems
- Java batch solutions
- Java based services
- Specific Java desktop application
If you're not able to find your JVM here, you're invited to test SpyGlass Tracer and report any problems you may find.
- Sun/Oracle JVM 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x
- JRockit r28
If you're application server is not in this list, you can test SpyGlass Tracer ad report any problems. It will be our priority to support you and your platforms.
Usually with not certified application server you can expect to have only a subset of metrics, but any instrumented code should run without any problems: so trace and related info should be available.
- JBoss 5.x, 7.x
- Tomcat 6.x, 7.x
- Ent-to-end Transaction Monitor
- Standard J2EE Component Monitor
- SQL Statement Monitor
- JMS Messaging Monitor
- OpenSource Framework Monitor
- Custom Metric Definition
- Web Session Analysis
- GC Monitor
- Thread Monitor
- Automatic Report and Alert Generation
- Static and Dynamic Code Instrumentation
- Easy Setup and Configuration
- Easy Integration
- Customizable and Embeddable